The Compak provides an economic solution to stope and gully support requirements.
- The Compak retains its structural integrity and provides energy absorption characteristics during seismic events.
- The Compak is easy to construct due to its interlocking design.
- The Compak prevents fines entrapment due to its “closed face” configuration.
- The Compak provides a high ignition resistance, emits no noxious fumes, and is self-extinguishing once heat source is removed.
- The Compak provides efficient shaft utilisation characteristics due to their compact transport volumes.
- The Compak can be designed to meet any support or rock condition parameters.
- The Compak may be erected in different configurations, to accommodate the yield and safety requirements of different mines.
|Lightweight Concrete blocks||Polypropylene Fibre, Cementitious precast
blocks ≥ 5MPa
|Wire Staples||High Carbon drawn wire Between
800 & 1300 MPa
|Timber||As per mine specification|
Compak materials comply with the requirements of SABS ENV 197-1, 1083, 1491-2 & BSS 1082.
Range of Products
|Product||Rise||Maximum stoping width||Units Per Pack|
|COMPAK||9 cm||1.5 m||48 units|
All Compak units can be produced in a 10cm rise format.
Pre-stressing Composite Packs
- Active pre-load can be applied to the Compak units using Lokpak non-weeping grout, and Novax or Blokpak weeping grout, pre-stressing systems.
- Pre-stressing will prevent the blasting out of Compak units within minutes of pre-stressing.
Compaks have been subjected to the CSIR Fire Tests, and have been proven to resist propagation of fire.
Timber materials may deteriorate due to weathering, allowing the timber to dry out. Technicrete applies FIFO principles. Every effort is made to minimise storage periods.
The use of personal protective equipment is mandatory. The weight of individual Composite Pack units should not lead to any physical injuries, should the correct handling procedures be followed.
Technical Support, Servicing and Testing
Technicrete provides full support and back-up on both the technical and practical aspects of our products. We provide on-site assistance and underground training. All product performance is continuously monitored by means of regular testing at accredited laboratories.
Comprehensive risk assessments for Compaks are available on purchase of the product.
Technicrete products are guaranteed against defective materials and manufacture and are sold subject to its standard terms and conditions of sale. Whilst Technicrete endeavours to ensure that any advice, recommendation, specification or information it may give is accurate and correct, it cannot, because it has no direct or continuous control over where and how its products are applied, accept any liability either directly or indirectly arising from the use of its products, whether or not in accordance with any advice, specification, recommendation or information given by it.