Composite Packs provide an economic solution to stop and gully support requirements.
- Composite Packs are easy to construct due to the interlocking characteristics.
- Composite Packs prevent fines entrapment in the body of the pack.
- Composite Packs have a high ignition resistance, no noxious fume emissions, with self-extinguishing characteristics, once the heat source is removed.
- Composite Packs improve shaft utilisation due to their compact transport volumes.
- Composite Packs can be designed to meet any support or rock condition requirements.
- Composite Packs are available in different configurations to meet all the yield and safety requirements of different mines.
- Composite Packs have had a long track record.
|Concrete blocks||Cementitious precast blocks ≥ 14MPa|
|Wire Staples||High Carbon drawn wire Between 800 & 1300 MPa|
|Timber||As per mine specification|
Composite Pack materials comply with the requirements of SABS ENV 197-1, 1083, 1491-2 & BSS 1082.
Range of Products
|Product||Rise||Maximum stoping width||Units Per Pack|
|750 x 90 x 90||9 cm||1,5 m||48 units|
|750 x 100 x 100||10 cm||1,5 m||45 units|
Pre-stressing Composite Packs
- Active pre-load can be applied to the Composite Pack using Lokpak non-weeping grout, and Novax or Blokpak weeping grout, pre-stressing systems.
- Pre-stressing will prevent the blasting out of Composite Packs within minutes of pre-stressing.
Composite Packs have been subjected to the CSIR Fire Tests, and have been proven to resist propagation of fire.
Timber materials may deteriorate due to weathering, allowing the timber to dry out. Technicrete applies FIFO principles. Every effort is made to minimise storage periods.
The use of personal protective equipment is mandatory. The weight of individual Composite Pack units should not lead to any physical injuries, should the correct handling procedures be followed.
Technical Support, Servicing and Testing
Technicrete provides full support and back-up on both the technical and practical aspects of our products. We provide on-site assistance and underground training. All product performance is continuously monitored by means of regular testing at accredited laboratories.
Comprehensive risk assessments for Compaks are available on purchase of the product.
Technicrete products are guaranteed against defective materials and manufacture and are sold subject to its standard terms and conditions of sale. Whilst Technicrete endeavours to ensure that any advice, recommendation, specification or information it may give is accurate and correct, it cannot, because it has no direct or continuous control over where and how its products are applied, accept any liability either directly or indirectly arising from the use of its products, whether or not in accordance with any advice, specification, recommendation or information given by it.